Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Okay, follow me on this one

See, I had this ambient thought. I we just there playing with my gloves on the bus ride home when this came to me. It simply blew me away that I was thinking this but it also was very cool.

Our mental capacity as humans is absolutely amazing. It's simply incomparable and extraordinary. Follow me on this.

We have logic, we can think of consequences and possibilities. This a neat trick. We can make decisions based on this logic. Not instincts nor orders nor luck, but we can use logic to make decisions.

And with decisions, we can predict outcomes. We can think "Hmmm, if I say this, he/she won't be happy". We can predict ice melting in heat. Every other being on the planet makes mistakes over and over again, but we can predict outcomes from memories and logic.

Then there's learning. We can learn things. Holy fuck! We can learn commands and practices by instruction and experience. This is amazing. We can learn to cook and do math, maybe even at the same time!

Then there's art, this concept just blows me away the most. We can create things from a thought and portray them for everyone to see. We can create something just for it to be beautiful, or for it to be interesting. All from a simple thought or two.

We can judge things, compare them, understand them.

We can disassemble things. We can just take things apart and figure out how they work. How cool is that? I think it's awesome. If we don't understand something, we can just rip it apart and figure out how it works!

Then, we can dream! We can create images and sounds inside of our mind that no one else can hear or see. we can turn them into anything we want or let them change involuntarily. This is some mad shit.

I can't even begin to barely touch on any of this. It's all so overwhelming.

but then there's the problem of people wasting all this. People giving into temptations and addictions just to feed primitive instincts. What a bloody shame! We all have all this mental power that we can tap into and we should all be using it.

And, all of this, was just an arbitrary thought I had on a bus ride one day....

2 comments:

Nathan Wallace said...

it's funny cause as far as logic goes, so many of us choose to ignore it, now i'm gonna go call my girl friends fat, it'll be funny! lol

Detective ross said...

My thoughts: How is the human mind, as complex and calculating as it is, NOT created by a higher power?