Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Hardest Work Earns the Least Respect

My heart goes out to night shift workers, custodians of hospitals, fishermen working months at a time in savage weather to pull in an almost worthless catch, and even more love to the slaves of third world nations.

But hey, I think I'm the only one, because we live in a wacky backwards society. A magical place where all respect and money goes to "management". Y'know, those fellows who are qualified to do hard work but feel no need to. They'd rather just pay someone else to work hard for them, then snag the rest of the profits. Also, they never forget to tell themselves what a great job they did managing.

Now, I work in the THRILLING FIELD OF FAST FOOD SERVICE. By far not the hardest job in the world. I certainly don't come home covered in blood, sweat, and tears. But I do work one of the more demanding parts of it. Most of the workers only need to work when we have customers. that means they get to slack off, grab a snack, and chat things up when no one is ordering food. I on the other hand get to constantly clean, haul trash and buckets of grease, prepare all my crap for the next day, etc. Oh, and watch people get pissy when I'm not doing parts of their jobs.

Overall it's not super terrible, but a little hard work certainly makes you appreciate people who do alot of hard work.

So I guess this post is just to spread that a little bit, hold some fucking respect for the harder workers of this land. Edward von Billionaire isn't a hero, Johnny McShitscrubber is though.

Cheers.

No comments: